Cheese cake 🙂
THE DARING BAKERS’ FEBRUARY, 2012 CHALLENGE: Quick! Gimme a Flavor! 😉 (Quick Bread)
Blog-checking lines: The Daring Bakers’ February 2012 host was – Lis! Lisa stepped in last minute and challenged us to create a quick bread we could call our own. She supplied us with a base recipe and shared some recipes she loves from various websites and encouraged us to build upon them and create new flavor profiles.
* Although Lisa provide a different recipes for sweet and savory breads I used one of my own (I take it a long time ago from hawwa world forums but I didn’t make it)
½ cup oil
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon Vinegar
2 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
1 cup white cheese cut into small cubes
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup Fresh thyme leaves
1 cup Yogurt
¼ cup chopped Fresh mint
1. Preheat your oven 180°C
2. Grease your pan with cooking oil and flour.( Lisa Insisted that we must make a quick bread in either a loaf shape or muffin/popover shape but I don’t have any so I used a round cake pan)
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
4. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, vinegar and sugar until pale then add the oil and mix well.
5. Add cheeses, thyme and mint. Stir just until moist.
6. add flour mix and Yogurt and mix
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.set aside for 15 mintes to rest
8.Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing